Well. My little blog is making a stir in the universe. Butterfly wings and all that, you know.
A gentle reader has nominated me for my very first blog award, for which I am humbled and honoured and flattered in much the same way as I was having a gold star pasted to my forehead in grade two.
The Pulitzer committee cannot be far behind!
So sincere thanks to Pleun at La Vida Loca for this:
And I gather the way the game is played, is I have to now reveal seven startling things about myself. So without further ado:
1. I’m left-handed, with all that that implies. (Like, um, difficulty with certain utensils. And knitting. And pastels.)
2. I didn’t quite make it to the Met, much to my parent’s (perpetual) disappointment, but I have a passable set of soprano pipes. Think Kate Bush range. Not all that commercial.
3. I’ve managed to sell six books to publishers without the benefit of a literary agent. People tell me this is insanely impossible. <shrug>
4. I made it through university without ever developing a liking for coffee or beer. This, I am told, makes me a poor excuse for a Canadian.
5. I still like to double-space after the end of a sentence. Call me old-school. Call me a mouth-breather.
6. I’m not good with stupid authority. I’m okay with the non-stupid kind, but we know which is the predominant variety …
7. I’m pigeon-toed and had to wear ‘special shoes’ (aka really ugly Oxfords with inserts) when I was a kid. Wasn’t allowed running shoes until I was 10. Oh, wipe that tear of pity away, I get around just fine, even in heels.
Wow, I feel cleansed. You?
I am also supposed to nominate a bunch of other blogs I admire. (Wait, is this an award, or a chain letter?) So in the spirit of sharin’ the love, here are a few you might want to check out:
1. Rodney’s Saga — because I heart Katherine’s turn of phrase
2. Bob The Equestrian — for his extended description of horse shows, a la Dr. Seuss
3. The Blithe Traveler – which makes me very, very jealous (except when it comes to icky forest leeches)
4. Dressage Curmudgeon — even though I suspect she will rain derision upon the honour
5. Bondi Resort Blog — because I also heart Nancy’s turn of phrase and her love of all things Muskoka
6. The Scorpion and the Frog — bringing animal behaviour research to the Great Unwashed, with a nice light touch.
7. Smitten Kitchen — food porn.
8. The Sweet Feed — Best. Name. For a horse-related blog. Ever.
And that’s quite enough of that. I’ve got work to do, you know. Can’t sit here all day admiring my gold star.